The Storm is on its way and everyone knows it is on its way. You've pulled out the E. Power Biggs, stocked up on the water, beer, and snacks, and hunkered down, Northeast. So now, we need to focus on the gravest danger of them all: Storm Zombies.
- As with all zombies, the only sure way to stop a Storm Zombie is decapitation. A machete is your best bet, but if, like most city dwellers, you don't have one of those lying around, make sure you know where your largest butcher knife or cleaver is. The undead flesh and bone is much easier to cut through than a live person's, but you'll still probably need to get in three or four hacks - be persistent!
- They're after brains. In the event of a zombie encounter, wear a hat or, better yet, a helmet.
- The subway is probably the most dangerous place for the next few days - all that rampant electricity, plus those dark damp tunnels are already a natural home for the zombies. Use your head (without being conspicuously brainy - see above).
- If a family member or loved one does get Zombified, eschew impulses of mercy. Put sentiment aside and be strong - remember, you'll be saving them from an interminable future of insatiable brain-lust.
- That said, be very certain before you start getting all stabby and slashy with family members. Your brother-in-law is probably not a Storm Zombie. His usual, hollow-eyed look is not enough of a symptom.
- Under no circumstances should you have sex with a zombie, no matter how tempting. It almost never ends well.
That's it for now. There's lots more information out there if you are still craving defense strategies.
Be safe, be well, and may all your problems be imaginary.