Monday, April 09, 2007

Happy Passoveaster

And Happy Birthday to all those Arieses out there: Richard, Susan, Becky, Beth, Jason, Marianne, the whole kid and caboodle of ya.

I hear tell there's going to be a Ten Commandments party on the west side. So let it be written; so let it be done.

Had some folks out for Easter Dinner yesterday - chicken soup with avgolemona sauce, leg o' lamb, spinach noodle casserol, roast potatoes with olives & capers, braised string beans. Props to sherin for "Loly's" casserole, and all the other help she gave. Props also to j.p. for the lamb spice rub/searage, and to lori for the chocolate cake. And the peeps.

For your amusement (and especially for those who have at some point appreciated my 'angina monologue'), this from today's overheard in new york:

My Plan Is to OD and Then Have to Miss It

Chick #1: Yeah, I was hoping to get all these painkillers by Thursday because I have to go home to see my mom in a play.

Chick #2: Can't you just get them when you get back?

Chick #1: Yeah, no... My mother is starring in The Vagina Monologues.

Chick #2: Ouch.

Chick #1: See, that was my first thought.

--Goodbye Blue Monday, Bushwick

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Overheard in NY. :-) Oh, and Jason bought an 8 person tent for Bonnaroo..it's actually NICE. So you guys can be stinky in STYLE.

mick said...

8 person tent?! Egads! We'll be the stylinest campers in rockdom.