My Independence Day weekend was fantastic, if exhausting.
The thumbnails (edited from an email sent to sherin):
- anniversary party for molly & rudy in boston on the 4th; bitchen barbeque and fireworks on the hill
- spent the 5th with sue & a not-too-hungover steve, lazing about and catching up; watched the video of 'wordplay'
that night went to fenway for the big blowout with sue, steve, molly, rudy and beth; good to be back in baseball's holiest cathedral - wicked awesome
- next day brunch with steve & beckett; MFA for edward hopper exhibition; drove to western massachusetts (much to the chagrin of the boston people) for concert/film of dutch quartet 'electra,' at MASS MoCA, and the customary beers-on-the-dock afterward
- next day breakfast with sue (williamstown sue, not to be confused with boston sue) and solo errands/wandering around williamstown/north adams while she prepared for the Ralph Stanley concert that night, followed by beers on dock, drinks at bar and nightcap at home - sheesh! Don't worry, we paced ourselves nicely.
- next day slept in (finally) a bit, then bkfst w/sue, then drove to saratoga for charlie and erin's wedding, then drove back to hoboken, giving one of the ballet folks a ride involving a long conversation about spirituality/meditation; in bed at about a quarter to 2
So let me leave you with a bumper-sticker-style reminder: Dissent is not just what makes America Great, it's what made America in the first place.