Monday, April 19, 2010

Post Modern Opening

Well, the performance art piece I'm working on opened last night at the Club at La MaMa after two previews - there are some production photos out there, and I'll get to posting them at some point, but for now, here are a few more shots from when we were still in the rehearsal room.


That's Richard and Frank onstage there as patient and doctor, and Jason Jacobs is in the center facing us, doing his director thing. I haven't gotten too many good shots of Jason yet, but I like this one.


Here's Wendy in an offstage moment of rest working on her knitting. She's a wonderful actress and a lovely person. And she knits. A lot. As she puts it, "Well, I don't read as much as I used to..."



And I'll wrap up for now with this group shot - from left: Chris on Guitar, Jason directing, Frank and Richard as Dr. Zappi and Mitch, and Heather bringing up the right in Stage Managerial glory.

We had previews on Friday and Saturday at 10, and our Opening Night was yesterday at 5:30, followed by a cast party at a nearby bar. Each show had its own quirks, and we learned a lot from all of them. The performance for press opening was the strongest of the bunch, in my estimation, which is a good thing. We had a full house, there was good energy in the room, and it seemed like people had a good time.

Let me know if you'd like to come to the show and I'll get you all the details you need (oh, and most of them are in the sidebar - off to the right, up top, see?)

2 comments:

Bionic Grin said...

The show was great! And you were great in it!

Lori said...

What a treat for me to actually have been at the show you're blogging about. I LOVE THAT!