Tuesday, October 30, 2007

All Hail New England

This weekend I was up in Maine for a JP's production of Almost, Maine. What an amazing place!



The first day was very foggy/rainy, but still glorious - the mountains pressing color through the mist; sheep, llamas and alpacas grazing in muted fields. Then on Sunday it was a perfect fall day - cool, crisp, sunny, with explosions of color. LOVED IT! I have a deep connection to that landscape; really feel at home there.

Plus, the food! Here's what I wrote to someone in an email during one of the very few moments I was online up there:
This AM we went to an amazing restaurant/goodie shop built into a huge farmhouse, that has all kinds of wool and alpaca, as well as tons of awesome homemade everything-you-can-make-out-of-maple-and-berries. Plus whoopie pies!! I had a fantastic omelette with homemade sausage and biscuits, and some very mediocre coffee. Then we went to an orchard to pick up a half peck of honey crisp apples, and had an apple dumpling with ice cream. Yum! And then we went to the lobster pound, and now have four crustaceans waiting to become the business side of dinner. And chowder. This is the greatest day of my life!
Tee hee!

And as if that weren't enough, it's total Red Sox Nation up there. It was actually kind of hilarious going to the supermarket and seeing dozens of people wearing their Boston baseball gear.

And of course, we all know how that turned out. :-)

There will probably be more footage of my time there, but for now, here I am with my dinner-to-be:

No comments: