News on some music happening in my near future:
- Patti Smith opening for Black Crowes on Halloween at The United Palace in the Heights courtesy Jason - mad props
- Yo La Tengo not once but twice over Chanukkah - at Maxwell's - which spells awesome happy fun time rockin', with the added bonus that I can stumble home, if necessary
And so this is not totally a music blog, which is not what I set out to create, let me say:
- Bon Voyage a Carissa - have a great time in Chi Town and keep us all posted.
- Saw Eastern Promises last evening. Not bad! (though not great) Cronenberg gets in his 'eeew' factor while telling a good story. Many of the 'twists' tend to be visible well in advance, but the acting goes a long way to make up for that. Gotta love you some Viggo Mortensen. Armin Mueller Stahl = effectively creepy. And Naomi Watts? Yum.
- Stephen Colbert is running for president. Discuss. BTW - he's doing a book signing at Arms-r-Global tonight.
- Game One tonight, folks. Goooooood mojo to Boston.