Wednesday, January 10, 2007

make way for the 007

That's what this year shall henceforth be called: 007.

The new james bond movie isn't bad, btw.

Preparations for the party are in full vigor - the menu is set, more or less; the decor is up in its random glory, the playlist has been created, the shopping list has been made. Tick tock until... clap your hands, say a salty salute, the club is open.

My cable tv
just went out. The bill is paid,
as far as i know

That's my haiku entry for today. E-beth gave me a book of hipster haiku by siobhan adcock for xmas - very funny stuff. She definitely wins the prize for best gifts of books given to me this year: what with the fauxetry, the bigfoot memoir and the kandinsky coloring book, it's hands down, not even close. Thanx!

I'll close with a good example of siobhan's hipster haiku:

Your puffy ski vest
has lift tickets on it. But
mine's from junior high

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey we never got around to menu discussion last night - still worried?

there's a nice desmond dekker song called '007' now it's in my head. thank you for that. and for linguine. and a martini that kicked my ass (i've been a beer/wine only person for awhile now, i guess - yikes)