Thursday, September 24, 2009

YLT-minus one day

Tomorrow is the one and only Yo La Tengo show in the Greater Big Apple Metropolitan Area for the rest of this year. Woo Hoo! Very very excited. Frank and Amanda are making the trip down for the occasion, and Sherin will also be joining us. I've pretty much given up on the idea that The Minus 5/Baseball Project/Steve Wynn will show up as special guests - I let myself fantasize for a few minutes, since they were at Bowery Ballroom last night and they seem to be the kind of band that would LOVE to turn up at an event like this, but it turns out that they're going to be down south by the time tomorrow rolls around.

Oh well. There will be other fun in store, I'm sure.

Tonight will be the amazing Anna Deavere Smith at Second Stage in Let Me Down Easy which, from what I understand, is about American Health Care, sort of. But not really. Maybe I'll have something a little more enlightening to say about it tomorrow.

No comments: