Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Good things in '008

The Buffalo Tom gig was great - good band, good club, good friends, excellent way to spend an evening. Missed most of the opening bands because we were at an Irish pub watching the Patriots seal their undefeated season (in spite of the best efforts of the Giants.) Sometimes I wish I cared more about football. But not often.

Next night we hit Gloucester for a delicious seafood dinner with one of our old friends who now lives in Seattle. (I've said it before and I'll say it again - the Northwest is calling me. May have to contrive a trip out there sometime in the new year. Also, Iceland is calling me. Which is somewhat... unexpected.) Mmm... lobsters and clams... And magnificent to see Amy.

Held of until yesterday to swing out to Williamstown because of snow in Massachusetts. Helped the hosts prep and decorate, and had a fabulous New Years Eve party with them. This was part of the T-Day crowd and several of their Western Mass. contingent, including peeps from Mass MoCA, Williams College, Bang on a Can, Williamstown Theater Fest., and Jacob's Pillow. Leg of lamb, veggie lasagna, au gratin potatoes (see below re. potatoes), lemon tarts, cheese and jalapeno biscuits, corn bread, ginger bread, sardines, baked brie, salad, on and on. Plus Champagne, beer, wine, egg nog, and a punch that packed a serious punch, thanks to 'overproof' rum. Whoa. Great party - thanks, once again, to great friends

Straight up - there were some pretty hard things about '007 for me. Which isn't to say there weren't plenty of great times and fantastic events, and I'm grateful for them all. At the same time, I'm ready to shift gears. Looking forward to some wonderful developments in 2008.

And I've got some ideas of things to do to make that happen; but mostly, I'm just in a kind of state of readiness for things to open up. For lack of a better way to put it.

Plus: it's the Year of the Potato - which is all kinds of exciting! Think of the possibilities...

No comments: