Friday, October 30, 2009

Back from the Beach

Ok, I've been a less-than-religious blogger lately. Part of the reason was that I was down in Miami Beach for four fun-filled days in the sun. I'll post some pix from that trip before long. Suffice to say it was a fab trip.

There was one little wrinkle...

Late Monday night/Tuesday morning, there was a small fire in the store on the ground floor of my apartment building. Nothing too serious, as these things go, but still - a lot of smoke, people were freaking out, the cops called my cell in the middle of the night (I didn't get the message until the next morning, which is actually a good thing) and the firefighters broke my door down. They actually broke down a bunch of doors in my building - it's just what they do when people evacuate without leaving their doors open (a number of people have doors that just lock automatically when you close them - those got busted into too.)

Sooooo... that'd be the other reason I haven't been so attentive to this blog. I've got a bit of a mess to clean up, and my place smells like smoke a bit. All tolled, things could have been a LOT worse. We're all pretty lucky.

On the other hand, what is it with me and vacations and fires?

No comments: