Friday, March 09, 2007

the west wing wears prada

I have a moment of calm before the storm that will happen when my current tempjob bos finishes the meeting he's in. At that point, while he does six other things, my job will be to make sure he:

-calls an important client about action to be taken (this has been a high priority for a week and a half, and "must" happen before the end of this week)

-calls the CEO's assistant to address a corporate issue

-calls his daughter; no kidding, this happens most days

-gives me information so i can book a flight for one of his associates (i don't know who it is or where s/he's going - all i know is that he told me to remind him about this, and i really hope it doesn't need to happen by the end of business today)

-tries to fit in some of the mere employees of this firm, who nonetheless have questions that only he can answer

-clears up whether the meeting he asked me to schedule for monday really needs to happen, or whether the meeting set up for tuesday on the same topic with the same participants will do the trick

-responds to a number of emails (by which i mean address the questions in my presence; i'll do the actual responding, of course)

And of course, i'll be answering three phone lines while all this is happening.

1 comment:

jqln said...

damn, sorry to hear that you're doing your boss's dirty laundry. i try NOT to think of calling my folks.