Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Trailers

We've been rehearsing 'trailers' at somebody's apartment in astoria. Which is annoying enough, because it takes me a long time to get home afterward (not that i have any other complaints about that area where a bunch of my friends live). But something i didn't realize would annoy me so much is that almost everybody there smokes.

Now, i'm not really an anti-smoker. I used to smoke and enjoy it, and up till very recently i'd succumb to temptation from time to time. And at first i thought it was kind of retro/cool; you know, like the days when people could smoke at rehearsals (and almost everywhere). But when i came home with my clothes smelling like they used to smell when people could smoke in bars (it's still odd to me that people can't smoke in any bars at all), i grew less amused. Then when my jacket, hat and scarf still smelled like an ashtray the next morning on my way to work, i got a little pissed off. And now i've got a cold - not caused by the smoke, of course, but it may have helped it along - and i'm heading to arizona tomorrow for my mom's surprise 60th birthday party [she better not have tracked down this blog, or there goes the surprise] and whatever charm there was in that smoky place has been pretty well wiped away.

Just kvetching.

No comments: